All Inner Christmas messages are gifts for you. Make them your own through inspired reflection. Share them with those you hold dear and let them be the beginning of a creative and heart-freeing conversation. Dance with them. Dive deep with them. Leap into the heights with them as during the Twelve Holy Nights we live beyond time and space and find the spiritual conditions for profound creative play.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 6th - Epiphany

Here is the simple list of these extraordinary seeds of will the spiritual world planted in the soil of our souls.

The Seven Inner Intentions of Knowing
to breathe
to warm
to nourish
to secrete
to maintain
to grow
to reproduce

The Five Inner Intentions of Loving
to wonder
to be in awe
to revere
to express gratitude
to devote

Having worked with each of these inner intentions over the Holy Nights, in the mood of the Holy Nights, I feel each intention germinating in my heart.  I am confident the germination will begin to form into roots, leaves, flowers and fruits as the year unfolds.

I know that when I find a difficult moment, a difficult mood, a difficult relationship, I can bring my heart thoughts to these twelve intentions and find which is being thwarted or withheld. Perhaps an intention has gotten active too soon. 

We have the sprouting of wisdom regarding each of these twelve inner intentions.

In ancient times we would have been initiated into each of these intentions by great teachers. Now we must initiate ourselves while in the inner solitude of the mystery center of our own souls. 

With Epiphany we celebrate the insights, the inner stars, that, wisely and nobly, we have seen and followed along our Holy Nights’ journey as we bring precious gifts to our newly born sense of self. Gifts of meaning, significance and purpose living in our individuality.

The Holy Nights are not easy. They are not packaged or processed.  They demand a great new consciousness and active cultivation from each of us. 

I wish you fierce courage, a profound creativity and a stable confidence for the unfolding of the year. 

The veils obscuring the spiritual world have fallen again, but the connection living between us mortals and the divine is stronger than ever.  With awareness of this connection, each of us goes forward this year more capable of honoring our twelve inner intentions.

Have a good year.

8 comments:

  1. "Perhaps an intention has gotten active too soon." Among the inspiring peaks of ideality, this is a wise reminder that we also unfold our lives in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lynn,

    Thank you for your guidance into these nights. The circumstances of my life have been in upheaval around me, and touching in with your spirit writings has assisted me to remember to walk through the portals of each night as I was able.

    As you put it so beautifully, "I wish you (also) fierce courage, profound creativity and a stable confidence for the unfolding year".

    With love,

    Jean Martens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am grateful for your sage messages. I love the language: "sprouting wisdom" as I can visualize the intentions nuzzled in the dark, cold earth, sending down deep roots, already growing yet anticipating emergence in the Spring. "Fierce courage, profound creativity, stable confidence." Delightful gifts on this day of Epiphany! Now we live the message of love & peace. Blessings to all, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lynn,

    I've had two 12 Days of Christmas rituals - one with my husband as each evening we've taken a "gift" off the tree, a small piece of folded paper, and given it to the other. Some have been chores we'd do for each other, some have been a night of dancing or a Sunday brunch.

    The other gift I so enjoyed was your message which each night I'd print out and each morning, in my quiet corner of the world, I'd read and write and sit with. I've appreciated this time with you for a few years now.

    I'm sixtry-five, a seeker all my life, and yet each year, the meditations you present have seemed to echo other ideas I've looked at over the past year.

    I also do spiritual counseling and sometimes get weary of saying the same things over and over - to the same client. And your words on revererance resonated deeply with me. Thank you.

    And one of the things I thought about with awe was how awe-full has become such a negative energy word. "I'm so glad Christmas is over" or "I'm so glad this year is ending," a comment I heard over and over this Christmas season, made me realize how much we focus on the negative and so little on the positive. When I looked back over the year, there were some wonderful experiences. I expect that's true for many. And yet, it's so easy to get caught in the "ful" part of awful and forget the "awe."

    Your meditation "to reproduce" made me realize how I needed to look back over a manuscript I'm working on - on each passage, each moment of writing, and see if I am speaking true, speaking Spirit, not ego, into being.

    And like you, maintaining is my constant task.

    So once again, Lynn, thank you. Happy Epiphany! May the light you so freely offer others reflect back on your life.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much. love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this time of my life. To search and discover, without the fear of what will reveal is such a gift. You have continued to be a wonderful guide and I am grateful and so happy to be on the trail with you. Thank you for sharing your wisdom so generously.

    Love, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful list, I come by way of Stephanie!
    Happy New Year ~
    May all of your seeds flourish!
    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi lynn,

    thanks for the encouragement to get up and dance, inhaling and exhaling, in innocence and wisdom.

    dancing in innocence freed me up greatly to discover the forest, anew. exhaling ompletely, i saw many things as they were, without the fog of my thoughts. dancing my wise self showed me how i protect my innocent self and my children's, especially amongst the unfamiliar. but to experience joy, we must first dance, and enter the unfamiliar.

    your suggestions helped me create quite a wonderful day!

    anne

    ReplyDelete